Creating blueprints or designing a game mechanic might be a challanging task for a beginner, and maybe won’t even be able to start anywhere. So as a starting place, I have come up with a fairly simple project, that is making a secondary fire for the First Person Shooter template which UE4 provides us with.
Firstly, let’s clarify what we are trying to make. What I have in mind is a heavier metal version of the normal projectile, that makes a lower pitch sound when fired. So, according to that, the things that we have to do are:
- Create a metallic material for the projectile,
- Modify the projectile to be larger,
- Make the projectile’s initial velocity bigger,
- Create a sound to be played when the projectile is fired, and
- Modify the character blueprint so that it fires the second projectile when a secondary fire key is pressed (right mouse button).